Hello Chatters. Your friendly neighborhood System Admin/Site Creator here. I wanted to organize a list here for all the things that are planned in the near and far future. Some of these updates will be included in version 1.5, some will likely be after 1.5 and some will DEFINITELY be in the future beyond 1.5. Also, as things are completed I’ll come back here and update this list and mark items off.
1. (pre-v1.5) Test a Chat being broken out into it’s own “account”. Each chat will get a quota of 1GB of space (compared to IQ as it is now with about 5GB of space for the WHOLE site) and 100GB/month of bandwidth (compared to a max of 30GB/month of traffic for the WHOLE site). Due to recent traffic and finding most MySQL issues seem to be resolved (except for extreme cases of server-down magnitude) we will not be breaking rooms into their own accounts. Instead, rooms that request blogs and/or wikis will have those resources established in a different subdomain called http://blog.iqar.us and http://wiki.iqar.us, respectively.
2.(pre-v1.5) Test Url rewrites to test chat to mimic the urls of chats currently.
3. (pre-v1.5) Stand-up IQ Blog and wIQi again from old hosting package.
4. (v1.5) Redesign Admin Panel* – This includes everything that is “behind” the chat except for the logs and profiles. Preview can be found http://r.iqar.us/code/
–A. Setup functionality for Admin Panel skins personalized for each username
–B. Setup AdSkin library on IQ for community-driven and built skins for use across IQ
–C. Add area for Admin Panel Login page customization
–D. Add language editing area
–E. Add Blacklist for Admins; Add Ignore list for all users
5. (v1.5) Update login script* – This should resolve the issue where users do not have the channel set when they login to a room.
6. (v1.5) Research possible update to how images are handled on desktops
7. (v1.5) Upgrade forums* – Increase functionality to allow for full sub-forums with their own nested thread groups. Test post formatting, likely improve it. Improve just about everything for the forums.
–A. Setup future functionality for Forum themes.
–B. Setup Forum theme library on IQ for community-driven and built themes for use across IQ
8. (v1.5) Build-out IQ Merit system in each chat – Merits will add to your overall iqScore
9. (v1.5) Build out iqID functionality to store default contact information for users
–A. Setup space for future iqSocial development
10.(v1.5) Setup functionality for calendaring feature – NOTE: this may be post 1.5 development.
11.(v1.5) Create Tutorials section on either iq Blog or wIQi for users from Chat Masters down to regular players* – This is dependent on pre-1.5 item #3.
12. (v1.5) Repair deleting of handles for Admins*
–A. Add functionality for self-deletion
–B. Add “protected” feature for handles — this will protect certain handles from self-deletion if they are, for instance, canon characters in a room. Instead of being deleted they will be orphaned.
–C. Add option for Admins on Reg page to “Allow Canons” which will create a Canon faction and add a checkbox to the app which will auto-add handles to the canon faction
3.(v1.5) Add Ignore and Ban commands* – As of 4/25 this is partially completed
–A. Add ban script to lurker count script
–B. Add ignore script to chat printing script
–C. Add ignore time limit to chat
14. (v1.5) Improve Profile Editing system – NOTE: This may be post 1.5 development
15.(v1.5) Research/Repair /getimg command*
16. (v1.5) Update PM System to
mark messages as read, reply directly to messages, and ensure name integrity of the person you’re sending the PM to.*
–A. Add possible jQuery update to display notice when PM has been sent successfully
–B. Add functionality to send to multiple people at once and whole factions
17. Add Lurker option
–A. Add Search functionality
–B. Add ability to increase the number of posts on the screen
–C. Add download option to download logs to your PC (.txt or .html file, possibly PDF) (html files only. More will be added in time)
–D. Add user setting to set preferred post count per page to iqID system.
–A. Add Icon groups for easier sorting
–B. Allow Faction icons to be displayed in icon menu in the chat
–C. Change how Icons are remembered. Instead of cookies do pure db.
20.(v1.5) Social Integration for Chats
–A. Add ability for admins to add links to various Chat social pages (i.e. facebook, twitter, tumblr)
21.(v1.5) Follow Handles in Chat – This feature will allow users to follow specific handles. This will more or less create “faux” customized channels for users.
22.(v1.5) Re-design IQ Home Page (In Progress)
-A. Add Search function
-B. Allow ability to read/respond to PM’s
-C. Add function to allow editing of default settings
23. Add additional categorization for chats
–A. Add Chat Ratings (All or Adult [17+])
–B. Add Rp Type (drama, action or XXX)
–C. Add Format type (chat, forum, [possibly blog if we implement the blogging capability for profiles])
–D. Expand existing categories for better definition
24. Add profile-blogging capability
25.(post-v1.5) Activate Google AdWords and begin actively recruiting for players across the interwebs
26. Parameterization of queries. This should help speed up the chats a bit and possibly assist in cutting down the occasional MySQL issues.
27. Add Change Password page to allow users the ability to change their iqID password.
–A. Add functionality to use the pins established by users for their iqID accounts when changing the password.
–B. Add reset password functionality.